IWF Florida continues to work with IWF Palm Beach and IWF Florida Suncoast, along with our partners at Women Corporate Directors (WCD) and 5050 Women on Boards, to increase the female representation on the boards of public companies.
Our efforts are in three areas:
- Information – we held a statewide meeting in November to share the results of our Census of Women Public Company Directors. See the report Florida Census of Women Public Company Directors 2022 We have asked Florida public companies to:
- Add 50 more women to their boards by the end of 2023 including at least half (25) women of color
- Every company with fewer than three women board members to get to three women or gender-balanced boards as quickly as possible
- Double the number of gender-balanced boards, for a total of 16 Florida public companies
- Have NO companies with zero women on their boards
IWF Corporate Board Preparation Series
Are You Ready to Serve on a Public Board – Thursday, January 26, 2023- Register here!
Are you interested in serving on a corporate board, but don't quite know where to start? Then this series of IWF webinars is right for you. This webinar will address questions like what kind of board is the right fit for me and what kind of professional experience is needed. In this panel discussion, our panelists will share their perspectives and answer your questions.
What Key Steps do I Need to Take to Win a Board Seat- Thursday, February 23, 2023- Register Here!
In this session, the panelists will address your questions from board bios to networking. Come hear their stories and learn from their experiences.
What do Board Members Really Do Anyway- March 23, 2023- Register here!
Being on a Board can Sound Glamorous but What is it Actually Like? In this session, our panelists will share their experiences and information from time commitments to committees to being the first woman on a board. Join us to ask your questions
Each program will include several seasoned board members who will discuss these issues and will answer all of your questions. Please register at the zoom link provided above for each of the sessions. You are welcome to pass this invitation along to any colleagues whom you think would be interested.